15/1089-90, VASUNDHARA, VASUNDHARA (P.O.), Dt. GHAZIABAD (U.P), PIN-201012
Reference: AIA/Circular-14/2012 Dated: 16th June 2012
Members & Spl. Invitees – NE &
Members of Women's Committee
CADRE RESTRUCTURING PROPOSALS
The CAG administration had convened a meeting of recognised Federations on 6th June 2012 to brief on the proposals on cadre restructuring. No representative from All India Audit & Accounts Association could make it to the meeting as Secretary General was hospitalised.
The administration took pain to arrange another briefing for the Secretary General and the same was held yesterday ie 15th June 2012.
The proposed cadre restructuring does not envisage any financial benefit or career advancement to cadres below AOs.
The proposals are given below. Every Unit may discuss the proposals in detail in the Executive Committee, activists meeting and general body and give their comments within a fortnight without fail.
1. The scheme proposes to create post of Audit Manager, Group B Gazetted, in every office – both in audit and A&E with a Grade Pay of 6600. The cadre Strength of Audit Manager will be 10% of AO/SAO cadre, but over and above the existing strength of the cadre –without any matching saving.
These posts will be mainly HQr based– touring liability will be limited to performance audit reviews etc. There will be no all India transfer liability.
It will be a selection post, 'good' being the bench mark for promotion. There is an age & service restriction – only those who have completed 55 years with 7 years of service as SAO will be considered for promotion as Audit Manager. (In other words, the selection to post of Audit Manager will be to those who could not make it into IA&AS – roughly 1% of AO/SAOs are inducted into IA&AS every year).
As of the day the cadre strength of AO/SAO is 3800 (approximately) and at the initial stage there could be 380 posts of Audit Managers across the country.
The DPC will be a local affair as Audit Manager is a Group B post.
Audit Managers will be intermediary between SAO and Group officer functioning as Technical Assistant to Group officer. The functions that will be assigned to Audit Manager are:
In Audit offices -
Desk oriented/routine matters, Vetting of IRs, follow up of IRs, draft objections and performance Reviews, adherence to auditing standards/field audit standards by the local Audit
In A&E offices
Preparation of Appropriation and Finance Accounts, Treasury Miscellaneous & Liaison with the Reserve Bank of India and lead Banks
It was told that the Department has already moved the Govt for the creation of this post i.e. a decision has already been taken and a detailed proposal is pursued vigorously with the government.
2. A new cadre Non IA&AS Gr A is contemplated; the modalities are being worked out. The thinking is on the following pattern.
The induction to this cadre will be from AAOs. As a result the AAO will be of two streams –1. State cadre as is now and 2 All India cadre.
The promotee AAO will have an option – to be in the state cadre and avail the existing promotional avenues including the proposed Audit Manager post or opt for all India cadre for being inducted into non - IA&AS Gr A (again all India cadre) with further induction into regular IA&AS and promotional avenues upto Sr DAG (non Functional) with a Grade Pay of 8700. Those opt for this will not be considered for promotion to the post of Audit Manager.
As for Directly recruited AAOs, there will be no option – they will be automatically placed in the all India cadre.
This will be of the nature of fast track promotion.
3. Henceforth only two streams of SAS will be there – audit and accounts. Separate exams for commercial audit, P&T Audit, Railway audit etc is discontinued (already being implemented). In the case of direct recruitment, it will be through UPSC.
4. Supervisors post will be 4% of the AAO cadre.
5. The Senior Auditor and Senior Accountant is proposed to be re-designated as Audit/Accounts Assistant. The cadre has already been classified as Gr B Non Gazetted. An element of direct recruitment is proposed in the cadre of Sr. Auditor/Accountant.
Auditor/Accountant, Gr. C, is proposed to be re-designated as Junior Audit/Accounts Asstt.
The recruitment will be through Staff Selection Commission.
6. Other cadres do not find any mention in the proposals.
7. It was told that the present strength of IA&AD is 44000 against the sanctioned strength of 68000.
At present the shortages in each cadre is as follows:
Gr B – SAO/AO/AAO 22% vacancies against SS of 18500 posts
Sr Ar./Acctt-Auditor/Accountant 38% vacancies against SS of 37000 posts
MTS and support staff 35% against SS of 12000 posts
It is proposed to gradually increase the SS roughly to 117000.
Approximately 26000 Gr B and C posts are to be filled up by 2020.
WITHOUT FAIL, SEND YOUR COMMENTS, VIEWS AND PROPOSALS
Care has been taken not to prejudice the members thinking process by abstaining from offering any comments on the proposals and certain decisions.
The Unit leadership is requested to place it before the membership and send a comprehensive response by 30th June 2012.